Monday, March 12, 2012

The End is Near for the Printed Word!

It's not an i-book or an e-book. It's just a book-book!

Oh, I do hope you're reading this comic on your Kindle!

I am fully immersed in the whole electronic media world and I sometimes wish I weren't. I just love books. If I go somewhere that has a bookshelf, I'm immediately drawn to it. Seeing all those spines lined up together just makes me happy. I'm uncontrollably intrigued about what titles I'll find. I know this sentiment has been beaten to death by old guys like me but there are great reasons to keep print alive such as:
• Giving someone an e-book is a sterile gesture compared to one that you can physically wrap with paper and a bow.
• e-books can't be personalized by the author.
• A bookshelf is a physical profile of your interests.
• Printed books are much more likely to be a good read. Anyone and everyone can create an e-book without the filter of a publisher/editor giving credibility.
... and so on.

I'm glad you like this comic, electronic or printed. For those who have purchased my book, I do appreciate the chance for my work to sit in your bookshelf. I'd be interested to know what it's sitting next to.

If you are a fan of Finding Elim, let me know by sending me an email, or joining the fan club at http://www.facebook.com/FindingElim

No comments: