Monday, March 19, 2012

WWJD?

Jesus would pick up a hammer and get to work.

If there is any discernible theme that you'll find in my comics it's hypocrisy. It's an easy target for humor, a lesson that Christians need to keep going back to, and something non-Christians can appreciate. Before I go any further, I want to point out that I'm no better than anyone else and I hope that I would have a friend that can point out when I'm not practicing what I preach.

I was on a mission project years ago where a church-goer brought her friend, Natalie, who was a non-believer. Let me tell you, she saw through the insincerity of her peers immediately. Her "introduction" to a Christian experience was a huge youth group where the cliques were worse than High School. Kids who "party" and talk about partying, yet know just the right things to say at bible study time. Guys on the make, girls spreading rumors - it's all there, make no mistake. I'm keenly aware of this issue and I'm continually on the lookout for Christians making a bad impressions. And BTW, adults are not immune - we all have to watch it.

Anyway, this comic has been a popular one so I must be on to something.

If you are a fan of Finding Elim, let me know by sending me an email, or joining the fan club at http://www.facebook.com/FindingElim

No comments: