Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Lenten sacrifice

I don't know what it is but I'm pretty sure I gave it up for lent.

Lent. I know lot's of people who give up one thing or another for Lent. Usually it's something that they really like: sugar, chocolate, Cokes. Sometimes it's more traditional like meat or it's an activity like watching TV or video games. Whatever. Going without is healthy for the body and mind but to get the full effect, replace the void with a dialog with God. If you're fasting, use that hunger to help you focus on your relationship with Christ. Consider all the people who HAVE to go without and use your want to better understand their plight and remember them in your prayers.

Yeesh! Not a very funny commentary. I hope you like the cartoon anyway. Peace to you this Lenten Season.

If you are a fan of Finding Elim, let me know by sending me an email, or joining the fan club at http://www.facebook.com/FindingElim

No comments: