Saturday, November 14, 2009

Can I call you back? I'm about to go into a meeting.

Kids and their cellphones, I'm tempted to begin: "when I was their age ..." but when I was their age, it was walkie-talkies. When our parents were their age, it was the telephone. Shoot, I can remember stringing tin cans together. There is just something magical about communication. You feel wanted, needed never alone. The saddest kid would be the one with a fancy cellphone and no friends to talk to. So, what else can I say? Be a friend, be a communicator but never forget the importance of face-to-face and a hand on the shoulder.

By the way, I really like this strip because it came from a real life suggestion. I barely had to work at it.



For a more recent feed of new comics, become a fan of Finding Elim at http://www.facebook.com/FindingElim

No comments: