Tuesday, June 26, 2012

A Pastoral Visit

Have I caught you at a bad time?

Elders from our church used to join the Pastor in calling on people who had visited our church that same morning. I always thought it a little awkward showing up unannounced but handled properly, it could be a nice, if somewhat "salesy" gesture.

I went on several of these visits and I always expected the worst. Like we'd interrupt someone mid-murder or exercising to their favorite pole-dancing-for-bears DVD. Luckily, it turns out that people are just as boring at home as I am. 9 times out of 10 they'd be watching golf or reruns of The Brady Bunch. If you've had a crazy door-knocking experience, I'd love to hear about it!

If you are a fan of Finding Elim, let me know by sending me an email, or joining the fan club at http://www.facebook.com/FindingElim

No comments: